Traffic controllers KOMKON-KDK-06 are the further development of the family of controllers KDK, including the most advanced circuit design and software solutions.
Controllers can be managed from a control centre or from the controller-coordinator.
Controllers KOMKON-KDK-06 implement the following functions:
- manage the traffic lights at the crossroads of any complexity based on an expanded set of national requirements DSTU 4157 ;
- communicate with the control centre via any available channel of communication;
- collect traffic data and congestion information on the crossroads, analyse and process
the information received and on the basis of data obtained from the intersection rapidly improve the traffic situation;
- keep an archive of its actions with the possibility of extracting information when considering disputes.
The controller KOMKON KDK-06 consists of:
- controller’s metal cabinet (housing) with a reliable locking system,
- power section, consisting of the input circuit breaker, line filter, power switch, modules, short-circuit, overvoltage protection and lightning protection;
- unified rack with the power source unit, the central processor unit, adaptive control unit and the power outputs control units (each has 8 outputs);
- patch panels based on WAGO screwless terminal block connection, for connecting traffic lights and signal and power circuits;
- additional circuit breakers, sockets and interior cabinet light for operational use by the staff.
CPU module is based on microcontroller ATXMega256A3 (power units management), adaptive control unit has AT91SAM9G45 (communication, processing, control) on board under control of operating system Linux. The Adaptive control unit includes:
- 400 MHz ARM926EJ-S ™ ARM® Thumb® processor;
- 64 MB DDR2 RAM;
- 256 MB NAND flash.
Adaptive control unit has the following communications:
- Ethernet 100Mbit/cek ;
- 2 USB2.0 Host- interface ;
- USB 2.0 OTG interface;
- communication channel GPS / GPRS / EDGE ( this channel can be used as a backup for power failure at traffic lights message transmission to the center);
- two UART with data rates up to 3.6 Mbit/s (one of them can support serial communication with RS- 485).
Adaptive control unit supports:
- 24-channel digital input for receiving signals from sensors traffic and determining the rate of adaptive control systems;
- one or two slots for MicroSD cards for various archives storage;
- real-time clock (RTC) with battery power;
- connection of CITILOG XCam detectors via Ethernet.
Controller is designed to work in an industrial temperature range from -45 °C to +85 °C, the operating system is Linux. Programming of the controller to operate on the specified programs in local mode is performed using a standard modules of flash-memory, connected to USB, or remotely via Ethernet.
The number of outputs control units can vary from one to eight depending on the customer needs. Each output unit is an intelligent and can be programmed to control signals for red, green or yellow colors in any combination. Availability of voltage and current control schemes allows avoid accidents during red signals failures (controller switches to YF) and at the simuletenous switching of green signals in conflict directions (controller shuts signal heads down), as well as to determine the amount of blown-off emitting elements for each signal.
There is a LED indication, showing the state of the controller and periphery. There is a possibility for communication modems installation with radio or wire (START, V- 23) interfaces. The controller can be connected with speed monitoring devices, traffic sensors (cameras, infrared, radar, ultrasonic detectors with relay, Ethernet or RS485 outputs).
The software is operating on operating system Linux BSP based on kernel 2.6.32 and enables adaptive traffic control as in local mode, and as part of Urban Traffic Control system.